Thursday, January 15, 2015


Paul Thomas Anderson is another one of my favorite Directors. I remember watching Magnolia on my birthday at the theater with three other viewers in attendance. It is one of my favorite film-watching experiences ever. A few months later, when I received my first paycheck working as a lawyer, the first thing I did was buy the deluxe imported 2-discs DVD edition of Magnolia. I was hoping to get a commentary track by P.T. Anderson, but sadly it was not included. There was, however, a documentary about the making of Magnolia. I watched it several times, trying to get a sense of the Director behind Magnolia.

Back in the day, I used to track down the DVDs with commentaries in order to learn about films and filmmaking. It was not easy. Nowadays you can listen to these commentaries online. But another resource that I enjoy as well are podcasts. Recently I listened to Marc Maron’s WTF podcast with Paul Thomas Anderson.

It is a funny, interesting and insightful conversation. PT Anderson is a Wunderkind of American filmmaking. If you love his films, or if you love films in general, I highly recommend you to listen to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment